BCGPEdit Library is an MFC extension library which implements an advanced edit control.
- Syntax highlighting: BCGPEdit supports two levels of highly customizable syntax highlighting. First of all, you can create a syntax file (in XML format) to support any programming language. Second, you're offered a set of virtual functions. You can override these functions and incorporate into edit control any logic you want.
- Color blocks: you can define various color blocks to implement single-line and multi-line comments.
- IntelliSense: there is advanced support for IntelliSense. Based on this support you can create editors like editors found in Microsoft VC++ or VB IDE.
- Tooltips: you can easily create code tips to give details about the text in edit control.
- Markers: there is built-in support for bookmarks and breakpoints. In addition, you can create various types of custom markers. There is an ability to create single line and multi-line static and dynamic color blocks.
- Symbol support: you can define a set of characters to be automatically replaced by images. In this way you can easily create chat clients with built-in images like smiles.
- Outlining support: you can define a set of rules which will be applied by the edit control's parser to text in order to create collapsible nodes. The blocks of text can be collapsed and expanded either by user or programmatically. Ability to specify words (like "begin" and "end") as outline block tokens.
- Keyboard and mouse selection
- Undo/Redo support
- A CView-derived class (CBCGPEditView) allows easy integration with MFC document-view architecture.
- Support for hyperlinks: you can specify hyperlink settings in XML file.
- Ability to export editor data to HTML format.
- Ability to export editor data to RTF format
As well as all of these features, BCGPEdit Library supports static and UNICODE libraries.
The detailed Feature Tour can be found here: http://www.bcgsoft.com/featuretour/bcgcontrolbar-tour.htm